Success with own domain name for a Blog .com domain

Finding success with blogging takes time, effort and enthusiasm.
Why to go for an Own domain Name?
Blog Domain

My Blogging Tips
My first Medical blog wasn’t a real success, with more than 120 posts. The blog actually had a handful of visitors but the number always fluctuated throughout the year. Sometimes reaching 180 visitors per day and sometimes averaging at 30 per day. Page views was always an issue. I never crossed a 2.0 mark.





The Blogging platform was Blogger.com. I could never beautify my blog and one thing blogger lacked was the ’register member’ option that I always wanted in my blog.


After 3 years of blogging, creating many blogs, I found out a .com domain really mattered. It authorizes your blog specially when you are recommending some products or referring users somewhere. If you show up who you are, the blog becomes a better trustworthy blog.

Pros of Blogger-
  1.  Absolutely Free.
  2.  Unlimited Bandwidth
  3.  1 GB blog space + 1 GB for image on Picasa web albums.
  4.  No Server load issues.
  5.  Anonymity
  6.  Easy to learn, use and modify
  7.  Many scripts available that does the functions

Cons of Blogger-
• Limited Design
• Limited Functions
• SEO issue
• Authority issue ( as it is usually anonymous)
• Traffic issue ( I have not seen many blogspot’s with real traffic)
• Fully dependent on search traffic- Not many direct Visits.

Later , I moved to a .com domain, this time on wordpress platform ( wordpress.org).
It actually fulfilled all my drawbacks. I had login box, register capability, members who can post, menubars and everything. Over all I had a .com name which gave me lots of returning visitor and a mighty authority in Technorati as well.
Now I had really genuine interested visitors, most of whom were not bloggers. I had a good CTR . For the first time it was really working.

Pros of a .com domain:-
1. Direct and returning traffic.
2. Better exposure of your articles , better search engine ranks.
3. Better authority- Getting pingbacks and comments
4. Better marketing ( Sale Products, Referrals)
5. Better CTR in Adsense

Cons-
1. Monetary issue ( Pay for .com , and/or webspace, Remember- Blogger space can be used for .com domain.
2. Server overload problem, and bandwidth problem on self -hosted blogs.
3. You are responsible for what you write.

No comments:

Post a Comment