You take hours to write an article, after days of research and months of learning writing skill. But Someone out there may take all the benefit and credit.
Watch out for content thief !!
Next to click fraud , the problem of content theft is blooming and has been a headache of webmasters and writers on the internet. It takes a big effort to write , but just a click or two to copy and steal the content. “Ctr + C” “Ctr+ V” called Copy and paste.Content theft is very hard to deal with or to stop. But there are ways be can fight back and even take back our credit for writings and articles.
What to do if someone has stolen your content?
If its your original article it is your right to ask that author to delete the post. Tell him about the copyright and ask him to remove the content or you will take necessary action. Action implies- Reporting the webhost to reporting to google to blacklist the site for the crime. But it is not as easy to take action. Lot easier if the ‘Threat’ works.Punishment- Write on his comment box, on his wall, mail him, call him, to anything you can.
How to Prevent Content theft?
As I told you it’s very difficult to deal with these people. There was a blog that copied my 38 articles including images. I ask him kindly, explained my copyright and even threatened him. But he wouldn’t respond. So what do I do . I tried to file DMCA report on google but that was hectic.So I changed the image he pulled from my site ( It was pulled from my blog address). eg it was eclampsia.jpg showing a female with seizures, I changed the pic and put another image with same name but in it I wrote ” This site steals content from ____.com) . Later I blocked the imgae hotlink and made his site appear ugly with “no image found” all over my articles. He stopped copying , I swear. It worked for me.
Prevention
- Put a Clear Copyright and copyright law link or banner in your blog which is just a warning but copycats tend to ignore them.
- Use Copyscape and Copygator to track your copied articles and also put ” this site is protected by Copyscape” banner.
- You can disable right click in your site. Many wouldn’t bother and try copying , because they are naturally lazy ones.
- You can put attribute to your site provided by Tynt.com . It attaches to everything copied from your blog automatically and provides you backlinks and even visitors. You get your credit.
Hope my tips will help you.
Feedback are most welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment